Saturday, July 11, 2020

Why Bats Are AWESOME!

Hello Batlings!
I have made it no secret that I. LOVE. BATS! Today, I would like to tell you about why I like bats.

Kooky Ironclaw Puzzler
(I Drew This Picture Myself )

7 Reasons To Like Bats:

1. Flight -- Although many mammals can glide (Sugar-Gliders, Flying Squirrels, etc.), bats are the ONLY known mammals to have achieved flight (without planes, that is).

2. Roosts -- While not all bat species live in groups, many species have HUGE roosts; being social is an important evolutionary trait.

3. Diversity -- 1,400 species; THAT'S how many species of bats there are (and only 3 of those are vampire bats).

4. Adorableness! -- Search 'cute fruitbats'; if the photos alone don't make you love bats, NOTHING will!

5. Diet -- Giant Flying Fox Bats are fruit eaters; vegetarians like me! (bats look so cute when eating fruit!)

6. Nocturnal -- Night over day; something bats and I have always had in common, is the fact that we prefer night over day. I'm a natural night-bat! (not all bats are nocturnal; just most of them are)

7. Echolocation -- Not all bats use sound to see in the dark (echo - Location), but all the best ones do!

And there we have it! Just some of the reasons to like bats!

Do you like bats? Why or why not? Please comment!
(it's okay if you don't like bats; everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if that opinion's wrong.)

Goodbye Fruit Batlings!




This message has been approved by Wingit, spirit guide to Ari Korah.

No comments:

Post a Comment