Thursday, July 9, 2020

My Little Pony: Discord's Brother

Hello Batlings! 
This post is for those of you who, like me, are fans of 'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic'.

Discord and his brother, Patch, spirit of color and creativity

Patch is my version of what Discord's brother might look like.

The reason that Patch is the spirit of creativity, rather than something like destruction, is because I do NOT believe Discord is the spirit of pure chaos; I think discord is the spirit of creative chaos.
       
Discord has two legs, two arms, two wings, two horns, and two eyes; this order proves that Discord CAN'T represent pure chaos.
              In fact, nothing can be pure chaos; there is always order, no matter how small, within chaos (vice versa, nothing can be pure order either).

Discord likes to have fun (ice-skating, house of cards, practical jokes, etc.); and he is very creative (cotton candy clouds, checkered hills, sneezing pinata, need I go on?).

With this in mind, I believe that Discord's more predictable behaviors (being protective of Fluttershy, making sarcastic comments, not being able to wait for guys' night, etc, etc.) can be explained by him NOT representing chaos, but chaotic creativity.

What do you think? Please comment why or why not you agree with my theory (and maybe some discord theories of your own?).

Goodbye Flutter-Batlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment