Friday, July 10, 2020

What is POTS?

Hello Batlings!
Today I want to talk about something I've mentioned before; Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (or POTS).

I know POTS has something to do with my heart rate and blood pressure; but I don't want to talk about causes, I want to talk about symptoms.

Not a lot is known about POTS, which is why most Potsies (people with POTS) don't know they even have it.
       
The symptoms of POTS can include:

Brain Fog (having a hard time thinking, or remembering things).
Dizziness.
Headaches.
Nausea.
Fainting or Near Fainting (especially when standing).
Irregular Heart Beat.
Weakness and Fatigue.
Sleep Problems.
Chest Pain.
Trouble Breathing.
And More!
(and yes, I have all of these; I've never fainted, but I've come close)


Some things that makes POTS worse:

Standing too long in one spot.
Too much heat.
Too much cold.
Too much activity.
Too little activity.
Getting up too fast.
Sugar.


Some things that makes POTS better:

Salt.
Compression stockings.
Water.
Rowers (certain workout machines).
Laying down.
Getting up SLOWLY.


And that's my list for POTS! Please comment if you are a fellow Potsy!
(I'm sorry if I forgot anything, my brain fog's acting up again.)

Goodbye Potsies! I mean, Batlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment