Wednesday, July 8, 2020

My Sugar-Free Philosophy

Hello Batlings! My name is Ari Korah, and today I would like to talk about that addictive, sweet, rot-your-teeth substance, sugar

Actually, about why I no longer eat it.

I have POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), I will talk more about that in another post; for now, all you need to know about it is that sugar makes it worse, way worse.

POTS is not the reason I quit sugar; I stopped before I even knew I had POTS.

I always knew the health risks of eating sugar; shorter life, rotting teeth, less energy, etc. But, like many children, I got caught up in the idea of sugar being a special treat, something sweet and 'fun' to eat.

I spent years trying to stop eating sugar; but every time I tried, my sisters would get some sugary treat or other, and I would feel obligated to get a treat myself.

This continued for, as I said, years; until, one day, I just stopped.

Since I stopped eating sugar, I've had more energy, I've felt better, and my overall health has improved; my mom's actually trying to go sugar-free too, as are my sisters (kinda, well, not really).

And I haven't even stopped eating my favorite treats; I eat HaloTop ice-cream, a sugar-free alternative, as well as sugar-free types of cookies, cheesecake, and even peppermint patties!

Goodbye Batlings! Comment if you are sugar-free, or if you are planning to be!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! I don't eat sugar either, and I got used to living without it.

    ReplyDelete